Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Playing House

Hey campers and coffee lovers!  I spent the weekend going in and out of the house into and out of The Cup.  Even though the weather around these parts has been wet, the temperatures have been unseasonably mild. That allowed me several days of playing house.  Because of this, I was able to check off several items on my java to-do list...

1.  I saw a interesting idea on Pinterest that I snitched.  Always needing a roll of paper towels when I camp, I wasn't sure where a roll would go due to limited counter space.  Inside my lower cabinet to the left of the refrigerator is the wheel well.  It takes up so much space that I knew it would hamper storage solutions there.  But with a simple tension rod from Bed, Bath & Beyond, I solved the paper towel issue.  Check out the design on the towels I found . . . pretty cool!


2.  Needing a place for keys was another item on the list.  In SplashT@B, I use a pine needle basket that my friend Linda made for me to toss keys and change into.  In the Scotty, I decided to mount a hook on the tall cabinet just inside the door.  It's the perfect out-of-the-way location.


3.  For Christmas in 2011 and 2012, I received coffee calendars created by Dan DiPaolo.  My plan has always been to cut the calendar apart and use it for artwork.  On the side of the tall cabinet is a magazine rack and it's the perfect place to display one of the calendar pages.  My idea is to rotate the art daily.  It fits perfectly and looks smart.


4.  The last to-do I'll share with you today is my coffee clock.  I toyed with the placement in different locations and ultimately chose the center panel of the upper cabinet.  It's battery operated and is so loud that I'll have to put it in the car at night . . . LOL. The hardest thing was bringing myself to put a screw into the panel to hold it. . . yikes that was scary.


If you have time tomorrow, pop in and see what else I accomplished over the weekend and remember...

"Camping, Coffee and Playing House . . . 
Life Is Good!"