Saturday, September 14, 2013

Scotty Lights, Take Two

Last Spring, I made a set of coffee-themed lights for the Scotty using a pattern I snitched off Pinterest.  I chronicled the endeavor HERE back in June.  When I strung them up for the first time at Rob's R-pod and Friends Rally, I wasn't too happy with the result. There were a couple of issues . . . I hadn't noticed that the plugs on the lights weren't end-to-end, they didn't hang particularly well, and they didn't give off much light.  

Even though I loved the brown cord and country look of the bulbs themselves, they just didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  Last week I opened up the train case I've had them stored in and found that they were all stuck together.  For some reason, the Mod Podge they were sealed with had broken down and caused a mess. When I tried to separate them, the fabric pulled apart and for all intents and purposes, they were ruined.

Last week Becky and I made an impromptu trip to Camping World and I spied a set of patio lights that I immediately liked. They were the right color, the perfect size, and even though the theme was a leaf and not a coffee cup, I bought them!




They actually fit in the train case better than the homemade ones. Because they plug in end-to-end, they will look very neat strung around The Cup's awning.  I'll be sure to snap a photo or two of them one night next week so you can get the full effect.

I hope you have a marvelous weekend. I'll see some of you in person next week on Jekyll Island and I hope the rest of you will pick up your POSTCARD each evening.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Camping and Coffee . . . Life Is Good!"