Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Spice

This time of year, pumpkin spice, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin pie, pumpkin anything is all the rage.  I don't care for the taste of pumpkin at all, but I do like the spices associated with it. So today, when I saw a homemade recipe for pumpkin spice on Yahoo, my curiosity took over.

I looked at a short video about making the spice mix and decided I should share it with you since it's a coffee thing, you know.  You can make your own version of this seasonal spice for a fraction of the cost of what you pay at the grocery store.  I bet you have all the ingredients in your cupboards right this minute!  It will definitely go a long way to spicing up (pun intended) your coffee or latte.


Simply combine 2 & 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 & 1/4 teaspoon clove, 1 & 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 & 2/3 tablespoons cinnamon. Store it in an airtight container and use a pinch at a time sprinkled on top or stirred in your favorite java beverage.

Pretty simple, huh?  Pretty yummy too I imagine!  Enjoy and always remember . . . 

"Camping and Coffee With Pumpkin Spice . . . 
Life Is Good!"