Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Drip, Drip, Drip . . . Not Good

I had a bit of a hiccup last week at Mountain Stream RV Park while camping with my peeps.  While I was down the mountain at a doctor's appointment on Thursday, a rain shower came up.  It was a good thing that Becky was sitting inside at the time, because she noticed a drip, drip, drip from above the front windows.

Upon investigation, she determined it was coming from the screws that attach the window guard.  With Sue's help, they figured out that each drip corresponded with a screw . . . not good, not good at all.

Later in the day, another rain shower popped up and I stood in front of the windows for nearly two hours with paper towels in hand mopping up water!  Finally it eased up a bit and I went to the office to ask if Ron had tarps for sale.  He said no, but he had one he would loan me for the weekend.  So with the help of Geo and Rich, we covered the entire roof and scotched the tarp down with big rocks.

It wasn't a pretty sight but it did the trick and kept us dry for the rest of the weekend.  When the sun was out, I folded the tarp back on itself so the area could dry off a bit.



After talking with Geo and Rob, I know the kind of caulk I need to correct the problem.  But first, it needs to dry out completely here in the Javaport.  I will be cleaning out the V, taking out each screw one by one,  putting caulk in the hole, and finally laying a bead of caulk in the V.  Here's what the problem area looks like . . . 




I don't know if The Cup will be ready for Jordan Lake State Park next week for my outing with the NC Fly-ers, but I have my fingers crossed.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Camping and Coffee . . . Life Is Good"