Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bonus Sunshine State Java

When I travel, there are always a few photos that I regret not taking.  On this trip, one of those was of Island Mama's Java just south of St. Augustine.  It looked like one of those funky, local coffee houses that are just cool beyond words.  If down that way again, rest assured, I'll stop.

I forgot to show you another coffee shop, the Village Coffeepot, that we dropped into while visiting Mt. Dora on our way to LaBelle. Since we had just finished a big breakfast at the Lakeside Inn, I only paused to take a photo of the graphics on the door.  The place was buzzing with people, so it was definitely a popular place to start the day.


One place that I did stop was on Sanibel Island at a little shop called the Sanibel Bean.  Believe it or not, I really didn't drop in for coffee, but just to check it out because the parking lot was full. What I found was a neat java joint with an outdoor patio full of folks enjoying a mid-afternoon brew.  But what caught my eye was ice cream . . . espresso chip ice cream to be exact!  The next best thing to an actual cup of coffee is coffee-flavored ice cream of course.



In addition to that ice cream, I picked up a coffee coozie . . . 


. . .  then found a long-sleeved t-shirt in just the right color.


As I was paying, the fellow that scooped up my ice cream, handed me one of their bumper stickers!  I had noticed on the wall near the t-shirts there were dozens and dozens of photos with people holding up this bumper stick from locations around the world and I thought that was right cool . . . I just may have to do the same thing.


I don't go out of my way when traveling to find coffee houses, I just let serendipity take over.  So I would say that my trip to Florida was a great success in terms of java sightings.

As always, thanks for dropping in and I will actually see you again one more day this week.  Before then, just remember . . . 

"Camping and Coffee . . . Life Is Good"