Friday, March 28, 2014

The Coffee Cup Trilogy

With the very first footstep onto YNOT Camper Restoration property in Michigan, I had my camera in hand snapping photos. That documentation of my sweet little Scotty has never stopped.

I knew that I wanted to create a trilogy of books beginning with the very first photos I took, the photos that Tony took during the re-frame, and the photos of The Coffee Cup arriving home and of my first  outings with her.  There were great lulls in between each of the books, but with the arrival of an orange package this past week from Shutterfly, The Coffee Cup Trilogy is now complete.




"Book One . . . love at first sight" featured all the photos I took of this 1973 Scotty Gaucho as she sat on the lot in Jackson, MI.  If you have followed along here, then you got to experience those two days as I made decisions that would lead me into the second phase of the Java Journey.



"Book Two . . . back to life" chronicled the long, long process of The Cup's reframe.  It was a frustrating experience and to be perfectly honest, I had my doubts that I would ever receive the photos that were promised to me.  Eventually, Tony did send them to me and I was able to create the second book in the series.



"Book Three . . . finishing touches" tells the story of the designing and decorating of her interior.  It also includes the very first outing to Cousin Rob's rally and the first official Sisters on the Fly trip to Jekyll Island.  The last photo on the last page of Book Three features a picture of her license plate and a quote that simply says, "And the adventure just begins."

Thanks for dropping by today and until we are out on the road with another Java Journey, just remember . . . .

"Camping and Coffee . . . Life Is Good"