Sunday, May 6, 2018

First Seasonal Night & Morning

Greetings everyone and happy Sunday.  The Cup and I had a terrific first night in our seasonal adventure.  New sheets, a new pillow, and a warm fleece throw resulted in a good night's sleep.  That is until the storm rolled in at 5:00 a.m.  Thunder, lightning, and a downpour woke me straight up.

I laid in bed wondering if the work that Rob and I did several months ago on the front window was resulting in no leaks.  I turned on the light to find not a drip, but a couple trickles of water running down the inside.  Luckily it was right over the dinette cushion and I was able to catch it with a towel so it didn't travel any further.

You know, some people say they love to sleep in their trailer in the rain and find the sound of those drops on the roof soothing.  Not this camper!  The rain lasted about 30 minutes and knowing that there was nothing I could do about the leaks, I was able to get back to sleep until 8:30.  I woke to sunshine pouring in the windows and that's what I love.

If you have a camper named The Coffee Cup, then you know the perfect
way to start the day!
I got dressed, then headed over to Rodie's Cafe for breakfast.  I didn't bring any food with me this weekend, so I was perfectly happy to let them cook for me.  The azaleas were in full bloom beside the parking lot and I just had to walk around the garden to take in the beauty.

Toast, grits, sausage, & a scrambled egg . . . I will return!
The mountain azaleas are everywhere & gorgeous
Next I headed back to Walmart in West Jefferson for more supplies.  Top of my list were bungee cords to secure a tarp over The Cup to keep her watertight until I get back over Memorial weekend.  I picked up a flashlight, a solar light for beside the steps, and a lock for the shed while I was there too.  What I really wanted to find was an outdoor thermometer, but every time I asked someone where they were, I got sent to a different location.  

Back in The Holler I snapped a few random photos, put things away in the shed, and got the tarp bungeed on The Cup so I don't have any water damage before Rob and I can investigate and find the source.  Site #86 is going to be a great site and I am soooooo looking forward to camping there off and on until late October!!

Our version of wind chimes
New solar light for the steps 
Our great shed tucked under the rhododendron
I really hated to leave, but the Blue Ridge needs me
Tucked under a tarp until I can return
Now it's time to knuckle down and get ready for the Blue Ridge Rally.  Splash will probably have a Story or two to tell as we get ready to welcome our friends next Saturday in Virginia.  Thanks so much for following our Java Journey!

"Camping & Coffee . . . Life Is Good"