Saturday, May 5, 2018

From 6th Street To 5th Avenue

Hello everyone and greetings from Raccoon Holler Campground!  If you have been following my Postcards and Splash's Stories, then you know all about me scoring a seasonal site here for 2018.  It has been a whirlwind series of events that have led up to this day. One of the pieces to this crazy puzzle was to get The Coffee Cup back in tiptop shape and camping again.

At 8:30 this morning, Rob and Trisha pulled into the driveway with Levi, the big and powerful blue truck, to help make this day happen.  Because I don't have a brake controller on my truck, he volunteered to tow The Cup up to Glendale Springs for me.


Other than the sway bar falling off (I forgot to put the cotter pins back in) just after pulling out, we had a terrific trip up the mountain.  We arrived at The Holler about 10:30 and I got a big ole hug from Helen, my good buddy in the office.  She handed me my seasonal pass to make everything official.


I followed Rob up the hill and we made the turn onto Row 5, better known as 5th Avenue.  It was my first choice of rows and I still cannot believe my good fortune in getting a spot here.  Site 86 will be our mountain home until mid-July when Mollie rolls in from Tennessee to finish out the season.



Neither Rob nor I could believe how level the site was . . . side to side and front to back, we were almost spot on.  Rob suggested that we park near the back of the site to have the shortest distance to the top of the deck and also that we make sure we are a door's width away.  He backed the Scotty in perfectly and got her the correct distance from the deck so the door would open and close.  

Buried in the leaves, Rob found three cinder blocks that were the perfect height to transition from The Cup to the deck.  We got the new tires chocked, cranked down the rear stabilizers, secured the leveling jacks in front, and in no time flat, my Coffee Cup was ready to camp!


Rob and I discussed our plans for Memorial Weekend when we will both be back up here.  He's going to do some electrical work on the deck for me in order to get my two outlets working and also add a third outlet.  We are going to build an outdoor cooking station too.  My deck is 27 feet long, so I have room for the picnic table, four chairs that I will be bringing up, and even an easy-up tent.  Rob brought his big blower from home and made quick work of getting my site spic and span.


We grabbed a bite of lunch over at Rodie's Parkway Restaurant before they headed back down to Claremont to pick up Miss Anne who was having some AC work done.  I started in on unpacking Splish and setting up house.  I quickly realized I needed some stuff, so I took a break and headed to Walmart for supplies. Everything is now in place and I am tickled to be camping once again in the old gal.

My water supply is in the bottom cabinet
Trisha gave me this terrific coffee sign as a
camper-warming gift
The dinette is decorated & ready for meals, games, & computing
Maxwell the Coffee Hound is back in his spot
Life in the Coffee Cup is darn near perfect!
I've made my list of things to bring back over Memorial Day Weekend and I am looking forward to an evening of reading and then a good night's sleep.  Thanks so much for dropping by and letting me share the next adventure of me and my Cup.

Camping & Coffee . . . Life Is Good!"