Friday, October 7, 2011

Face To Face With The Sisters & Their Trailers


It was just over a year ago that I met my first Sister face to face and saw my first vintage trailer in person.  This all happened over the weekend that my sister Becky and I went down to Atlanta for the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain.



I knew from checking out the SOTF website that there would be a couple of trailers parked at the Fair for people to look in.  That also meant that there would be Sisters there to chat with.  Becky and I both peeked inside and I couldn't believe my decorating eyes!  


Friday afternoon after spending hours at the Fair, we went over to the Stone Mountain Campground to see our TABbin' buddy Cheryl.  We weren't there 10 minutes until we were being offered wine and food and were being invited to sit and chat.  It was overwhelming!  I met Anita, Paula, and Peggy, but don't remember any other names.  What I do remember is their hospitality and those vintage trailers.  Oh my, those vintage trailers!





All I could think about the rest of the weekend were those Sisters and their vintage trailers.  I was hooked!  On the way home we opted for some back-road driving instead of I-85 and that's when we saw this long, beautiful, shiny trailer.  By the time we came out of the store where we had stopped, it had moved on.  



I came away from that weekend knowing that I had met some special women and had been bitten by the vintage trailer bug!  My journey towards The Coffee Cup was starting to take shape.