Sunday, October 2, 2011

Where It All Began

A couple of years ago, after seeing a segment on the Travel channel about a bunch of women that liked to camp together in fixed-up vintage trailers, I began looking for info about these ladies...these Sisters on the Fly.




The idea of women camping together and doing it in such a "campy" style was doubly intriguing to me.  Little by little, I found newspaper interviews with Sisters, magazine articles written about these wild women on the road, video clips from TV news shows when they were camping in the area, YouTube videos and Sister blogs.




After finding the official SOTF website and seeing yet another program about them on A&E, I knew this was a group I was destined to join one day.  So in August of 2010, despite not having a vintage trailer of my own, I did just that!