Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tybee Island Here I Come!

I put on my Big Girl Panties, hitched up SplashT@B, and headed south to Tybee Island, GA on April 5th for my very first outing with Sisters On The Fly! I was a bit nervous about the drive because it was the longest one I had ever done going solo. I was a bit nervous about the gathering because I simply didn't know what to expect from the Sisters.




The minute I drove into River's End Campground I began to feel at ease.  Under a canopy of live oaks and Spanish moss sat the cutest vintage trailers I had ever seen.  And on the face of every Sister that I encountered on that Tuesday afternoon, I saw a smile.




My sweet SplashT@B was just a baby among those old gals.  But that didn't seem to matter to one single Sister!  My site was # 30 and was the perfect spot...perched on a little sand hill, in the V of two intersecting roads, and centrally located in the campground.




I tried really hard not to rush setting up, but I was itching to grab my camera and start snapping pictures.  I was immediately drawn to one group of trailers in particular.  They were arranged in a semi-circle and looked like they came straight out of a magazine photo shoot for Sisters On The Fly.  I didn't know who they belonged to or even what kind of trailer I was looking at.  All I knew was that my Vintage Trailer Fever just got kicked up several degrees!






I remember lying in bed that Tuesday night on Tybee Island hardly believing I was at my first SOTF event and not being able to imagine all the fun I would have in the next 5 days!