Saturday, January 28, 2012

Flooring Decisions

This week I was able to nail down the exact flooring for The Coffee Cup!  Tony sent some scanned samples via email, but it was next to impossible to make a decision based on those tiny pictures.  When I met with him back in June, I simply had said "alternating black and cashew-colored tiles laid on the diamond".  I know, I know......it was pretty vague.

The inspiration for my floor came from this camper I had seen for sale in California.  The minute I saw their tiles on the deck, I knew I would reproduce it in my Coffee Cup colors.  Here are two photos of that floor....pretty cool, huh?



On Thursday, Becky and I visited our local flooring store in town to be able to see flooring tiles in person.  Originally I was thinking of solid colors, but after seeing the tiles, I decided to go with ones that had a slight pattern, a mottled appearance.  Additionally, I was thinking black, but then I saw one called Mocha.....a dark brown.....and I figured it was kismet!

Becky and I were putting tiles side by side, putting my vinyl dinette samples side by side and it didn't take me too long to make a choice with her help.  The flooring is by Azrock.....a standard vinyl composition tile, commercial grade, 12 x 12......and I love it!!



The darker of the two tiles is called Mocha and is a deeper brown than shows up here.  Think about the color of hot chocolate or a mocha from McDonald's and that would be it.....LOL!  The tile on the right is called Elemental and it has a variety of colors in the java/coffee family.  I can't wait to see it on the Cup's floor!  I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be seeing it next week!!