Saturday, July 20, 2013

Java Joints

I love to visit coffee shops when I travel and I'm sure that comes as no surprise to you.  My niece Jessie and I have this fantasy of owning a coffee shop together, serving a cup of joe and spining groovy tunes and you probably didn't know that.  I also love to make scrapbooks, especially of my times on the road.

Combine those two loves and it made perfect sense to create a book for The Coffee Cup called Java Joints.  I printed out several photos of the coffee shops I've stopped at during my road trips, found an interesting-shaped ledger book at an office supply, and the fun began.  I still need to make some labels to go on each page to identify the names and locations . . . it's a work in progress.







Early Monday morning, Becky will be picking me up and we'll head north to West Virginia for the Midland Trail.  We've talked about doing this road trip for a year or so now and we're finally hitting the road in search of adventure.

In the little town of Ansted, WV there is a place offering gourmet coffee and pastries and guess what it's called?!  The Coffee Cup!! Stay tuned one evening next week for a full report . . . tee hee.

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy your own special cup 'o joe, and always remember . . . 

"Camping and Coffee . . . Life Is Good!"