Friday, July 5, 2013

Rainy Day Sewing

Greetings everyone from a very rainy, stormy, sunny, humid, soggy, steamy day after the Fourth!  Those of you here in the Carolinas understand exactly what I'm talking about and how we have been experiencing all of these weather conditions hour after hour, day after day since last weekend.

I was just about to walk out the door to head to C.O.R.E. Fitness this morning when the bottom fell out yet again!  So I turned right around and headed into the studio to finish a pillow project I've been working on for The Cup.

If you enjoy making pillows but need some inspiration from time to time, let me recommend a good book to you . . . 


While thumbing through the book in the fabric store, I saw several pillows that would be fun to make using my Coffee Cup fabric scraps.  The directions were easy to follow and here's the one I chose to work on first . . . 

  
Using leftover fabric from my curtains and cozies, plus some other patterns I had on hand, here's what the pillow top looked like after stitching the pieces together according to directions . . . 


So while it was pouring down rain outside, I took a seat at the sewing machine and finished this project.  The finished size is 18 x 18 and I think it looks pretty sweet sitting among all the other pillows on the bed!


I already have another pillow picked out to start work on and since our weather pattern doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon, it looks like a second java-themed project will commence shortly.

Have a good weekend everyone, stay high and dry if you are here in the South and remember . . . 

"Camping and Coffee . . . Life Is Good!"