Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Colonial Coffee Cup

Niece and scholar, Jessie at USC, sent me a Facebook message saying that they were discussing Williamsburg in history class today and that she actually knew what they were talking about.  I took Jess to Williamsburg for her 6th birthday and we had the time of our lives.  It was her first trip away from home and the first of several special birthday trips we shared together.  So it tickles me no end that she had that classroom experience today!

Coincidentally, yesterday on Colonial Williamsburg's Daily Puzzle, a salt-glazed mug was featured.  I suspect that the beverage was actually beer, but we'll pretend it was coffee from Charlton's Coffee House.


Another part of Jessie's message was that she was actually learning something.  My reply was that it was about time.  You see, for her entire student life, I've asked her "What did you learn today?" and her reply has always been, "Nothing!" and then we'd laugh.  But today she threw me a curveball telling me that she learned something!

Let's lift our mugs to scholars and coffee, a winning combination!

"Camping, Coffee and Education . . . 
Life Is Good!"