Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little Happy From Ella!

For some reason, I never checked the mail yesterday.  When I remembered this morning to do that, I found a small package on the front porch.  The return address said "E. Brown".  That would be my good buddy Ella from Ohio!  I couldn't imagine what was inside nor what the occasion would be.

Inside was a note that read . . .   

"My new hobby---felting!  I've discovered that my crocheting is so loose and holey that it is just about perfect for felting!  Felting just means you put the finished product in the washing machine with a bunch of tennis balls and hot water and high agitation for about an hour.  This smashes and mushes and melds the fibers all together.  Then I take it out and run it in cold water and then work and shape and mold it into the final shape, and then set it on a wire rack with a gentle fan to dry it.

I just love the process of felting and the final little products.  The yarn has to be 100% wool, but it just takes small amounts of scraps and about an hour to work up one of these little bowls.  The colors reminded me of your coffee cup!  Ella"





How cute is this?!!  To give you some perspective, it's about four inches wide and three inches tall and fuzzy.  I love it and Ella is right . . . it WILL be perfect for The Coffee Cup!  It will have a place of honor on the countertop to catch change and important stuff.

If you'd like to read more about this and hear the whole story of Ella's new crafting passion, please scoot over to her blog http://silvermineandhis.weebly.com/ .  

Thanks so much dear friend for thinking about me and gifting me with the perfect little happy for The Cup!  

"Camping, Coffee and Gifts From Friends . . . 
Life Is Good"